The primary responsibility of the Trade Compliance Classification Analyst
is to properly classify export items for a midstream production equipment company who ships products to most of the oil and gas production sites across the globe.
Verify the classification of products using (a) the EAR and the CCL, (b) ITAR and the USML, (c) informed compliance publications, (d) HTS and ECCN classification criteria, and (e) company engineering materials.
Obtain data elements, specification documents, or material information from the vendors or suppliers to ensure proper classification of items.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HTS and ECCN classification.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs Regulations and Federal Trade Regulations (Census/FTR).
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and PC skills.
- Proficient with email and calendaring system; Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills, be process and results-oriented and able to develop global strategies.
- English fluency