Responsible for creating and maintaining environmental processes to speed software delivery to production. Assuring consistency across environments, building new systems, and automating the process of deploying code.
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images
- Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Participate with documentation of systems and system work flow functionality
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 + years Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, Red Hat/CentOS)
- 5 + years Windows server administration experience
- Experience with protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Experience with automation software (e.g. SALT Stack or Jenkins)
- Experience with Kafka or ELK stack
- Prior experience with PHP, Perl, Python
- Experience with automation, using scripting
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Zabbix or Orion)
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)DevOps Engineer