We have been engaged to find a:
Chief of Global Cybersecurity Architecture - REMOTE POSITION
Our client is one of the world's largest global technology firms.
This role will lead the Cybersecurity Architecture and Consulting organization, which is a global team of leaders and architects responsible for developing our enterprise security architecture, and for delivering consulting services for the IT organization and functional Business Units. The Cybersecurity Architecture and Consulting organization develops the strategies, patterns, and road-maps combined with the implementation of appropriate cybersecurity safeguards in alignment with the company's Security Policies, Standards, and Industry Best Practices.
The position requires technical knowledge of security architecture, frameworks, and design principles as they relate to all aspects of information technology (e.g., network, servers, cloud, identity, databases, workstations, et al.). The team will develop, promote, and build consensus for an enterprise security architecture vision, future state roadmaps, and an innovation practice responsible for the adoption of new and emerging technologies. Paired with technical knowledge, a progressive leader with a high degree of business acumen, change agility, political savvy, listening, and negotiation skills is an ideal fit for the position.
- Recruits, retains, and develops security architects capable of providing industry-leading reference architectures, security program maturity studies, annual and multi-year project road-maps, and expert-level guidance to partners in Cybersecurity, IT, and other business units that is actionable, practical, and forward-looking
- Recruits, retains, and develops security consultants capable of providing innovative, timely, and actionable guidance to fast-moving internal stakeholders
- Partners with the product groups strategically aligned businesses to understand product capabilities and potential for usage within the enterprise.
- Develops complex solutions to business opportunities and challenges through in-depth analysis, coordination, and negotiation with key SMEs and decision makers
- Summarizes security risks to both technical and non-technical audiences to ensure the appropriate solutions and recommendations identified
- Works cross-functionally with other leaders in Cybersecurity, IT and business functions to meet project milestones
- Contributes subject matter expertise critical to the creation and modification of company policies and standards
- Turns custom solutions into standardized services that can be delivered by operational teams
- Consolidates and maintains a knowledge base that is searchable by other security teams and their stakeholders
- Responds quickly to customer escalations and works to ensure the best possible outcomes achieved
- Accountable for all people-management activities of direct reports
- Responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the department
- Must possess an inclusive work style and be able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in cybersecurity, IT, or a related field
- People management experience required
- Working knowledge of IT delivery methodologies (e.g., waterfall, Agile, DevOps)
- Proven capabilities across Cybersecurity domains and supporting technologies
- Previous experience in leading security architecture, engineering, or consulting teams preferred
- Experience in the following: network security infrastructure controls including next-generation firewalls, proxies, advanced malware controls, IDS / IPS and DLP, CASB, Cloud Proxy, DLP, MFA, cloud automation and management tools
- Experience with architecting enterprise security solutions, including cloud solutions using major IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS providers
- Advanced experience with leading laws, regulations, standards and best practices including, but not limited to, NIST, ISO, SOX, HIPAA, EU GDPR, PCI, CSA CCM
- Experience leveraging frameworks such as TOGAF and SABSA
- CISSP, CISM or other advanced security certification strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills