Our client is a Fortune 500 Financial Institution which is diving into cloud solutions for their operational applications and data storage.
The client is seeking a talented, energetic Cloud Storage Architects & Engineers to develop and architect the future of computing infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in. We are looking for an engineer/architect for Storage Infrastructure in the System Engineering and Architecture team.
This is an opportunity to work with Client's world class engineers to design & build platform and solutions that will be the foundation of Client financial products going forward.
- Architect and design storage infrastructure solutions to support the development and deployment of advanced storage technologies and services.
- Lead and drive the implementation of reliable, scalable and versatile storage infrastructure.
- Research, develop and drive the forward-looking storage strategy via proof of concepts to ensure the longevity of data storage.
- Foster cross-functional mentoring and knowledge sharing across the various engineering teams.
- Oversee configuration and management of storage infrastructure.
- What your team of skilled engineers performs.
- Provide hands-on systems level engineering and technical oversight for all Storage Platforms.
- Configuration and standardization of storage system fault tolerance, monitoring and stress testing.
- Tests and certifies systems releases and firmware for storage infrastructure components provided by vendors.
- Tier 3 support for critical escalations
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and handle multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve and drive resolution.
- Proactive ownership, positive attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to senior leadership.
- Strong experience gathering requirements and supporting advanced software development teams in an agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and step outside their comfort zone.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in systems engineering.
- Experience with large scale distributed storage architectures, IBM Cleversafe, AWS S3 or equivalent object storage technology.
- Experience managing a team of engineers responsible for various infrastructure domains.
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies and Immutable Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Systems & Platforms
- Compute-Linux OS
- Networking VLAN, Routing, Multicast, Unicast
- Data Centers Racks, Power, Cooling
- Automation Bash, Python, Ansible
- Virtualization VMware, OpenStack
- Containers Docker on Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards and best practices in managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.