The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will be responsible for supporting projects, developing and recommending scalable infrastructure solutions for the company, and ensuring that the overall architecture supports company’s corporate vision.
Responsible for architecture and design of organization’s systems and storage infrastructure within the data center as well as at customer facilities. Areas include cost modeling, vendor management, product selection, scaling and design across multiple data centers. Technologies include Dell Servers, Storage Area Networks (SAN) systems, Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems, embedded servers, VMs, appliances and dB solutions.
The Architect will be responsible for understanding industry standards and best practices, keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies, understanding and evaluating complex business functions and processes, operational requirements and procedures. Will meld these to form a set of comprehensive and coherent plans to support, architect, and enhance infrastructure.
· Responsible for the architecture and design of hardware infrastructure.
· Evaluate, select and implement a variety of hardware technologies to support business solutions.
· Create architectural solutions for computing, storage and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
· Conduct forward-looking research into current and emerging hardware technologies.
· Participate and/or lead project teams as a technical resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
· Participate and/or lead team initiatives with other Architects/Engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing best-practice recommendations.
· Coach and mentor operations and support personnel.
· Provide scalability, performance, equipment sizing, performance, power, bandwidth, peak capacity analysis as part of equipment selection and recommendations.
· Create and update standardization documents for all infrastructure equipment.
· Evaluate and recommend tools and technologies to support the system infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience working with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT and R&D organizations to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that the architectural direction is achieved.
· Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
· Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to provide technical system solutions and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical problems.
- 15+ years of system administration/ infrastructure architecture experience in a professional and/or collegiate environment
- 5+ years of Experience with the majority of these technologies:
- Operating systems/embedded OS including Linux and Android
- Database architectures
- Dell Servers
- Network Attached Storage technologies
- Storage Area Network technologies
- Embedded Servers
- 5+ years of experience Implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, real-time data processing systems.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and deployment efforts.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard communication protocols, and performance analysis tools.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve operations issues.
- Architecture certification (TOGAF, CITA Certified IT Architect, Zachman Certified Enterprise Architect, or similar)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline