Lead and contribute to all facets of the development, maintenance, and support of Public Safety Software as a Service Application. A strong emphasis on the analysis of business requirements and written communication of technical design. The Developer is responsibility for planning, design, development and delivery of Public Safety Software Engineering projects
- Design, develop, enhance, and implement Public Safety Software
- Perform unit, functional, and performance software testing
- Determine the impacts of proposed projects on current workloads
- Troubleshoot production problems to software applications
- Provide solutions to fix software bugs
- Prepare software deployment packages
- Provide technical supports to client support teams
- Design, development, and unit testing of new functionality and code enhancements.
- Responsible for analysis of business requirements and for accurate estimates of level of effort for analysis, design, and coding.
- Analytical support of user reported problems to determine appropriate resolution options, on-call support, and problem resolution of production systems
- Mentor fellow team members in analytical support of user reported problems to determine appropriate resolution options
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in software design, development, and unit testing
- Experience with SaaS and AWS
- Relational databases such as MSSQL and MySQL
- Typescript, Node.JS experience
- Agile/Lean development methodology
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to accurately estimate the level of effort required for planned designs.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and application and code maintenance skills
- Adapt to a rapidly moving client focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant experience
- 4-6 years of software development experience