This position will work with designated personnel to aid in providing proactive support for a number of applications including:
An Android based tablet application utilizing CentOS, Rabbit MQ, Couch Base, and Elastic Search. Working with firewalls and IP Tables, networking from the OS/application viewpoint. Additionally supporting and troubleshooting associated infrastructure and subsystems that are required for the applications to function correctly.
The position entails being able to diagnose and track assigned trouble tickets, triage production issues, document requirements back to development, and perform break fix in a system down situation. Problem resolution will require working with all members of IT Operations (Systems Administration, Database Administration, Network Administration) to help resolve or identify issues within our production environment. Utilizing our documented procedures for implementing code into production. This position will help maintain and administer our preproduction and QA environments for all software associated with the Tablet project. Candidate must have the ability to work within a collaborative environment with a variety of technical teams. Strong Communication skills, meeting facilitation and the ability to document policies, procedures, and follow sound technical specifications as required. Provide Tier 3 24/7 production support to designated production systems where applicable per the established supported system matrix for the IT Operations Support department.
- 5 plus years of work experience supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Must have strong, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Must have proven skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have good, planning and organization skills.
- Works good within a cross departmental team environment.
- Demonstrable analytical and programmer skills.
- Able to articulate accomplishment/progress.
- Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS
- Languages: Must have at least one scripting language including bash, PHP, JAVA, Python, Node.js
- Application Servers: Tomcat
- In depth understanding of the bash shell and scripting
- RHCSA certification.
- 3 plus years of work experience with document based data storage and archival.
- Programming skills.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Databases: ElasticSearch, Mongo DB, Couch Base, or experience with NoSQL Databases
- Languages: Angular.js, C/C++, Familiarity with Android OS and ADB. Asterick Communications software. OS Based networking
- Application Servers: JBoss
- Infrastructure management: Familiarity with SaltStack, Anisible or Chef
- Telecom Background