We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Sr. Unix Security Advisor
based in Houston, Texas
This Security Advisor
holds primary responsibility for the effective design, configuration and implementation of security technologies and solutions within the corporate environment. This position will also identify and recommend technical and procedural solutions to mitigate major vulnerabilities, as well as play a key role in the analysis and containment of security incidents.
Day to day responsibilities include:
Required Experience (Must have all):
- Lead the IT Security team in the design and implementation of new security technologies, product benchmarks and proof of concepts for security technologies.
- Assist the IT Security Manager in developing and implementing a comprehensive enterprise cyber security strategy that will establish the appropriate level of protection of company information and digital assets.
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancements and analyze industry trends, assessing the impact of emerging security threats to the enterprise.
- Conducting risk assessments, penetration testing and intrusion attempts leading to the implementation and deployment of tools and controls to mitigate those risks.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Evaluate the design of proposed IT projects and present actionable remediation for any security gaps within the proposed design.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for computer security issues and access requirements as they relate to external parties, such as customers, suppliers, vendors, etc
- Providing security guidance, identification and prioritization of security-related requirements, promoting secure-by-default designs and facilitate the delivery of information security services
- 6+ years’ experience in a lead capacity, in designing and developing a perimeter and endpoint security infrastructure and developing procedures defining their use to meet business requirements.
- 5+ years’ combined experience integrating border Router/ Switches, Layer 3/ Application /MicroSegmentation Firewall Policy/Administration, Load Balancer, Cloud Security for IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, DoS, Log/Monitoring correlation and/or Data Packet Inspection.
- 5+ years’ combined experience related to Hypervisor, DNS, Identity/RBAC and Directory Services, MFA, IDS/IPS, Virtual Private Network, DMZ, Encryption (At Rest/In Transit), Application Stacks/Service Connectors, Storage Architecture/Networks and/or Computer/User Least Privilege.
- 5+ years’ combined experience in designing and integrating device vulnerability scanning, securing systems, software, certificate authority, two-factor authentication, patching, Security Information and/or Event Management.
- 5+ years’ combined experience related to email hybrid integration and operational support of cloud Cisco e-mail Security services including hygiene\SPAM, Antivirus, Malware, Encryption, Data Loss Prevention and premise based SMTP relays, VMWare AirWatch Mobile Device Management/ Workspace 1 and/or Active Directory (AD) authentication utilizing AD Federation Services.
- Proven previous experience in a role within Security Engineering or Security Architecture roles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / related area of study.
- Minimum of +5 years of experience in the Information Security discipline supporting large enterprise vulnerability management, penetration testing, and implementation of security technologies.
- Proven experience with incident response and potential breach activities.
- Proficient in analyzing and validating scan results, knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 and how to effectively remediate vulnerabilities associated with each
- Working knowledge of Security Incident Event Management systems
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and strong project management skills
- CISSP certification