We are currently seeking a Product & Application Security Engineer to join a robust Security & Resiliency team, based in Round Rock, TX and Boston, MA. The ideal candidate should have:
- Research, design and support the implementation of Application security solutions for the organization
- Architect independently determine and develop approach to solutions under limited direction for the business.
- Document security standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed.
- Evaluate and apply mature technologies to meet current or emerging business needs.
- Articulate Security Analysis findings and provide remediation strategies as well as Security Threat Modeling.
- Co-partner on processes, architecture, and tools for improving operational efficiency.
- Provide expert technical advice to technical staff within the appropriate technical discipline
- Act as primary consultant to the business to elicit project-oriented business requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science with a minimum of 8-10 years of software development experience, or a Graduate degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Work with Management as required to facilitate resolution to challenging business problems/objectives in a secure way
- Provide requirements and insight into SDL service strategy
- Provide SDL support and training to SDL champions & development teams
- Experience in
- Building end to end Secure Development practice
- Application security Governance and program management
- Developing and prioritizing SDL adoption and remediation plans
- Secure code development and reviews
- Threat Modelling (preferably to STRIDE methodology)
- Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Containers and Micro Services such as Docker, Kubermetes, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), VMWare Photon and others.
- Secure Cloud application development