We are currently seeking a talented Anti-Money Laundering Audit Manager
for our client's Dallas, San Antonio or Phoenix office.
MUST have Large (Over $100B) Financial / Banking Institution Experience.
- As a subject matter expert, provides recommendations to leadership and guidance to staff members. Promotes the development of effective team relationships and functions in various capacities to ensure the success of team efforts. Approves the scope of the audit.
- Updates and ensures the universe risk assessment is current with applicable research and industry feedback.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures assigned engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements, specialized audits or highly complex business audits recognizing the cross-matricing and cross-functionality within the specialized functions/business areas.
- Coaches and mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and audit tools.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe and annual plan. Participates in the development of the strategic annual plan ensuring risks are appropriately identified and rated and assists with the implementation of the annual plan.
- Builds and enhances client relationship across the organization helping to drive strategic objectives with the business. Communicates with the business/clients to include delivering difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise in regards to effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full taxonomy.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree AND 8 or more years of relevant audit experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: regulatory, AML, GSD, compliance, risk, models, IT.
- Subject matter expert level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends.
- 5+ years of direct experience working with BSA / AML compliance and expert in-depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
- Experience working with federal regulators such as the OCC and Federal Reserve
- Knowledge of OFAC regulations
- Experience working in relevant, but non-traditional audit roles, such as compliance testing and quality assurance within first or second line compliance functions
- Preferred designations include CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or other relevant business designation
Our client offers one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
To be considered for this exciting growth opportunity, please apply now.