We are currently seeking a talented Anti-Money Laundering Lead Auditor
for our client's Dallas, San Antonio or Phoenix office.
MUST have Large Financial / Banking Institution Experience.
- Lead and establish best practices around Anti-Money Laundering Audits throughout a global financial institution.
- Execute and lead audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan.
- Manage engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Update engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently perform (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
- Ensure engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentor others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conduct fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Support the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree AND 4 or more years of relevant audit experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- 2 - 4 years of direct experience working with BSA / AML compliance and expert in-depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
- Experience working with federal regulators such as the OCC and Federal Reserve
- Knowledge of OFAC regulations
- Experience working in relevant, but non-traditional audit roles, such as compliance testing and quality assurance within first or second line compliance functions
- Preferred designations include CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or other relevant business designation
Our client offers one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
To be considered for this exciting growth opportunity, please apply now.